Here are a couple of updates and reminders concerning this week's convocation-related activities:
- Tuesday, August 19 - Convocation Rehearsal at the Foster Communications Coliseum. Meet at the coliseum. Dress comfortably, but school appropriate (superintendents will be around, watching). Bring your music! TIME CHANGE: call time for rehearsal on Tuesday is now 10:30 AM. Students should be done rehearsing by 12:00 PM, lunch will be provided immediately following rehearsal. Have your ride plan to pick you up by 12:30 PM at the coliseum.
- Wednesday, August 20 - Convocation Performance at the Foster Communications Coliseum. Call time is 8:00 AM.
- Students need to arrive dressed for performance (minus the men's neck ties - we will distribute those starting at 8:00 AM). Please do not show up half-dressed (tuck in your shirt, button your vest, etc.)...it just looks tacky otherwise. Get dressed and then walk in to the coliseum.
- Warm-ups will being shortly after 8:15 AM. Pre-service music begins at 8:30. We begin our performance block with the national anthem at 9:00 AM.
- To simplify the following information: have your ride pick you up at the CHS Choir Hall at noon, and don't forget your change of clothes (non-uniform) when you arrive in the morning at the coliseum. More detailed explanation:
- Following the performance, we will sit and stay to hear the invited guest speaker's message. I anticipate that he will be done by 11 AM, but it could go as late as 11:30 AM.
- Following the ceremony, all students will be required to return their uniform. To that end, please bring a change of clothes with you that morning. For everyone's convenience, a SAISD bus will be available to take students back to CHS to hang-up and return their uniform following the ceremony. This option is highly encouraged so that the directors and parent volunteers are not trying to carry 60+ uniforms back to school in addition to three carloads-full of sound equipment.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. Thank you!